RF / Coaxial
A coaxial connector is composed of an insulated central conducting wire wrapped in another cylindrical conductor (the shield). The cable is usually wrapped in another insulating layer and an outer protective layer. Coaxial cables and connectors have the capacity to carry vast quantities of information. A coaxial RF connector is an electrical connector designed to work at radio frequencies in the multi-megahertz range. RF connectors are typically used with coaxial cables and are designed to maintain the shielding that the coaxial design offers.
BTC offers over 70 series of coaxial connectors and more than 200 connectors and adapters qualified to MIL-PRF-39012 and MIL-PRF-55339, in series BNC, N, SMA, and TNC. BTC also supplies military connectors with older CW-, MX-, and UG-nomenclature. These connectors are typically used in:
- Wireless infrastructure solutions, including GSM, CDMA, TDMA, W-CDMA, UMTS, and GPRS/Edge base stations
- Internet solutions, including Wireless LAN, Optical Networks and the burgeoning RFID reader market
- Automotive telematics solutions, including GPS, cellular, satellite radio (SDARS), remote vehicle diagnostics, toll road automation, and Bluetooth
- Broadband communications, including set-top boxes, satellite dishes, cable modem termination systems (CMTS), and transmission equipment
- Military/aerospace equipment for communications, radar, sonar, avionics, countermeasures, and weapons systems
- Instrumentation and microwave devices, such as network analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, attenuators, dividers, combiners, mixers, amplifiers, medical testing, and patient monitoring equipment.
We take a lot of pride in being the connector experts and are franchised/authorized distributors for premium manufacturers like Amphenol RF, Trompeter, and Delta. With a multi-million dollar inventory, BTC has the right interconnect solution for your application. Just contact us now and one of our experts will work with you to find the right connector for your application.