MIL-DTL-38999 Series II
MIL-DTL-38999 Series II - or D38999 Series II - are subminiature circular connectors that feature a bayonet coupling mechanism with lower profile design and rear-removable crimp contact retention system. The Mil 38999 connectors were designed for applications in which the key requirements are lighter weight and lower profile. This was accomplished by utilizing thinner shell walls and the implementation of length restrictions, which reduced the RFI attenuation characteristics and the "scoop" protection. The end result is an outstanding lightweight, general purpose connector.
Compared to Series I, D38999 Series II connectors achieve up to 20% reduction in mated pair length, close to a 40% reduction in outside diameter and up to 40% reduction in weight (128 pin mated pair). Typically, there are used in military and commercial application. BTC stocks the following:
- MS27472 (AE272) Front Wall Mount Receptacle
- MS27497 (AE297) Rear Wall Mount Receptacle
- MS27499 (AE299) Front Box Mount Receptacle
- MS27508 (AE208) Rear Box Mount Receptacle
- MS27513 (AE213) Front Box Mount Receptacle, Long Grommet
- MS27474 (AE274) Jam Nut Receptacle
- MS27473 (AE273) Straight Plug
- MS27484 (AE284) RFI Grounding Plug
- MS27500 (AE200) Plug with 90° Clamp
BTC is a franchised/authorized, value-added assembly, stocking distributor for Aero-Electric Connector, Inc. (part of the Conesys family). Their connectors are utilized in a variety of applications including: military/aerospace, commercial aviation, business aviation, aircraft engines, marine applications, heavy equipment, rail/mass transit, geophysical, machine automation, motion control, medical equipment, general industrial and telecom. For more information about MIL-DTL-38999 Series II connectors, view the Conesys/Aero Electric product data sheet by clicking here .